Establishing & Positioning You for the Generations to Come!
Key verse: 1 Kings 18:42 Elijah Positioned Himself!
1 kings 18:41-46
Vs. 41 “And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain.”
• In Chapter 17:1 God had Elijah prophesy that there would be no rain.
• Because of this 3 ½ year drought there was barrenness!
• God spoke to Elijah in 18:1 and said, “… I will send rain upon the earth.”
• Moves of God started with a sound
• In the beginning God said, let there be light and there was light. When he said, he released a sound.
• Genesis 1:3
• Walk in the 3 fold anointing (King, Priest, Prophet)
• Prophets release the sound. What you here from God release it unto others!
• If there is a drought in their life (no rain), God can use you to release a prophecy (a word from the LORD) that you heard (a sound) from God; that “word” will release life where there was drought. Where there was dead things, death and dehydration, and poverty; there will alive things, life and living waters, and shalom!
• Sound the shofar! (God may use you to release sound of battle, warfare, victory, & warning)
• Prophets prophesy!
• Kings release the decree and establish the Kingdom of God
• Priests release the Gospel of Jesus Christ & Intercessory prayer!
Vs. 42 “So Ahab went up to eat and to drink, And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees.”
• Elijah positioned himself
• Do you position yourself in prayer to hear from the LORD?
• The land was barren because of the drought.
• A woman is barren until she gives birth.
• Birth forth a word that will release life (water/rain/life giving/refreshing/provision)
Prophecy: God is birthing in you in this season and hour a prayer life that will establish you for the generations to come!
What are you allowing God to birth in you in time of prayer and in the word?
Be established in the throne room!
Vs.43 “And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, there is nothing. And he said, go again seven times.”
• I love the fact that Elijah knew the time to release the word that it was going to rain again.
• When God speaks we need to know when to release it.
• Elijah told him to go again 7 times
• Elijah had been in positon
• Elijah had heard from God and had a confidence!
• When people come, or the naysayers come. Tell them that you know what God has spoken and it shall come to pass.
Vs. 44 “And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there arises a little cloud out of the sea, like a man’s hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not.”
• What God has spoken to Elijah shall and did come to pass.
• What God has spoken to you it shall come to pass.
• God is not a man that He should lie.
• Although the servant said the cloud was small (size of a man’s hand), God had told him an abundance of rain.
• Although it may not look like God is doing much (maybe it seems small or nothing at all); if God spoke it, it shall come to pass.
• Elijah had the servant to tell Ahab and for the chariot to be prepared.
• Are you preparing yourself for what you believe God for?
• Are you positioning yourself to hear from God?
• Are you in expectation?
• Are you pushing through (praying until something happens or hearing a word from God)?
Vs. 45 “And it came to pass in the meanwhile, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain.”
• What seem small (a cloud) there was now many (clouds).
• It came to pass!
• That which God has spoken to you shall come to pass (believe the report and WORD of the LORD)!
• There was a great rain!
May you experience the glory, may God pour out His Spirit in your life like rain, an over flow! I decree over your life that in 2019 you will position yourself in prayer and establish a prayer life where you will clearly get direction from the LORD and develop a relationship with God that becomes deeply intimate. Birth a prayer life that will establish you for generations, and one in which God can use you to reach each generation!
Remember to Smile, God loves you!
*For a better understanding and content of the story you can read Ch. 17 & 18 in entirety.